Tel./fax.: +375 1797 32733
Time schedule of Masses (changes possible)
9:00 - Holy Mass in Polish
On Sundays and Feasts:
10:00 - Holy Mass in Polish
15:00 - Holy Mass in Belarusian
Church and Parish History
The name of Shemetava comes back to the XV century. At that time the honourable family of Shemets possessed the land. Later it belonged to different people. At the end of XVIII century the Sulistrouskys became the landowners.
In 1714 a wooden chapel was built in Shemetava. It was founded by Christopher and Jadviga Zenovich who were the landowners then. Carmelites from Zasvir became its guardians. Kazimir Sulistrousky rebuilt the chapel and in 1813 it was consecrated under the title of the Ascension of the Lord. In 1816 Sulistrousky built a stone chapel instead of the wooden one, it was dedicated to St. Kazimir on May 11, 1828. In 1832 Carmelite monastery in Zasvir was closed down and the parish dissolved. In 1863 the chapel was taken apart. In 1902 Balaslau Skirmunt rebuilt the chapel and on July 30, 1904 it was consecrated under the title of the Mother of God of Unceasing Help. The parish was renewed.